Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Update

Yesterday was the second swim class of the season and another huge hit. This time Papa got in on the action and was able to enjoy 30 minutes of splashing around while Elisa tried her best to follow his lead. She still seems to want to be there, despite any issues with sleepiness or being a tad chilly in the water. It was so funny to see her catch a glimpse of me behind the big glass window overlooking the pool area. I could see her saying "Mama, Mama!" and then chattering away and pointing. She was in her element. Later in the day, after Nacho's departure for another 4 day trip (ugh!), I decided to get out and about in the city. Elisa had another 3 hour monster nap post-class, so this was the perfect time to get out and stay outside for a while. We ventured down to Battery Park City which was lovely on a balmy Saturday afternoon. Uncharacteristically, I forgot the camera, so I'll just say it was gorgeous and we both enjoyed the variety of parks and playgrounds in the area. Must return soon. We had a nice dinner with friends in our neighborhood and then it was back home and down for the evening.

Doing it all on my own has become so routine, but still there are days when you just wish you had someone else to hand off to. I used to love Nacho's schedule because it gave us both so much space to do things on our own with these forced separations. But now, it's a different story. Sometimes, I go for broke and go out and try to do exactly what I would have done if he had been home. And sometimes that works. But often, it just makes me tired. So luckily, Elisa stayed down last night without a peep and I wisely got to bed early. It made such a difference today.



We hung out around home this morning and the mood was fun and not so groggy as in days past. I love feeling the energy to play. It really does take some imagination and stamina to keep up with this kid and it's nice when it feels effortless. Such a weekend of contrasts. I'm thankful that I have the space and time to reflect on this life I have now. It's hard to do when you're caught up in the hustle of work, which is why I love knowing that Monday is approaching and I couldn't care less. We had a great Sunday playing for nearly 2 hours at the park and Elisa took a late nap which made the afternoon flow straight into evening. So tonight I'm still missing Nacho and wishing he were home, but I'm not so exhausted. Now for lunch tomorrow in Korea-town...I'm definitely taking the camera along for that!

No comments: