Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Labels

Not that anyone but me noticed (or cares), but I've decided to start adding labels to each post in the hopes that it will give some searchable guidance or keyword assistance to previous posts. Basically, I will try to find 2 or 3 main themes or tags for each post that will appear underneath the time stamp.  And then on the sidebar at the bottom right, you will find those labels listed alphabetically with the number of related posts listed in parentheses.  So for example, if you really wanted to know what I thought of the Roosevelt Island tram or carousels in New York City, you'd be able to look for those tags and voila! one click and the posts appear. Like magic. I've kind of always thought that labels were dumb and arbitrary (and they still kind of are), but the more I blog, the more I see them on other blogs and like them. And with almost five years of posts to sift through, I realize that I can't always accurately remember exactly what year or season something happened anymore. It would be nice to have these little cheat sheets so I can pull up all museums or parades or visits to North Carolina in one fell swoop.  I'm starting with most recent posts and heading backwards, so the tags and their directory will be under revision for the next several weeks until I am caught up.  So that's it. Keep reading and don't mind me and my labels. Unless you like them. Then let me know what a genius I am for finally using something that's been available all along. 

2 comments:

Kate said...

I like making stupid-funny pointless labels too. : )
My "going back and labeling" project hasn't exactly happened yet.
But yeah, I think it will be handy. There's also a blogger feature where you can add a "search this blog" box to your blog - I've found that makes it easy to find posts (on my blog anyway) by using a key word.
Happy labeling.

Ann Price said...

You know, Kate, I tried the search box earlier in the week and it didn't seem to find stuff so I nixed it. But the labels are showing promise. Now to keep at it!