Friday, March 8, 2013

One on one

I'm posting these here to remind me that today Carolina and I had fun while big sister was away at preschool. It doesn't always feel like fun now that this 19 month old is in full-on tantrum mode. She loves to throw herself face down on the couch or bed when she's upset or flounce to the floor and very gently lay herself back until she has proved her point. Cue the drama.  Yes, she is so close to really talking that she gets frustrated very easily when I don't understand her wants. And there are many.  All the time.  Like seriously, I can't turn around without her pointing and blurting on about something else. It's hard to have a minute to think sometimes when she is so constantly needy.  This is marginally better when her sister is home and can help distract and/or entertain her. But then again, that often creates other wants because anything Elisa is doing or eating or playing with becomes Carolina's sole focus. Yes, these are trying times.  And then there's the shrieking--some happy some mad--that can do your head in when all you want is some peace and quiet on a cold, slushy day inside.  But today was better. She danced and laughed and ate all kinds of fruit and snacks with me this morning.  She was a pleasure to spend time with, and I gave in to tickling and cajoling and messing with her enough that she didn't beg for anything.  And when we sat down to take these pictures near the window in the kitchen, she was my silly, smiley girl.  And then big sister came home with a lollipop and ruined it all. Oh well. At least I have the pictures. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

you're both so pretty! love her dimples. love the pictures.

I am so right there with you with the needy stuff and the cry-moan version of "talking" that has me wanting to shoot myself sometimes. Good luck to us both enjoying the bursts of joy in between.