Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break...

So the rest of our week was pretty much like this...lots of time outside at the local playgrounds running around and then hitting the driveway and backyard to throw the ball and frisbie and chase Carolina around with her uncontrollable shrieking run. There was a little retail therapy at Target, a first time lunch at Sonic (food + playground = happy kids), Dad's birthday lunch at Five Guys Burgers which Nacho crashed on his drive to us from the airport. And then it was time to bake a pie, eat some smoked pulled pork and load up the car again. It didn't feel like a long time in some ways because my mom wasn't feeling well and we didn't get to the beach with the weather being so cold and windy. But I'm hopeful that we'll be back down in a couple of months when things warm up a bit. And then it will be time for another round of May birthdays. So, this Spring Break trip will have to tide us til summer vacation. I think I can handle that.  And with the crazy game of standby travel having worked in our favor both ways, I honestly can say I'm almost too brave these days. No seats? Sure why not gamble. It seemed to pay off on our way home and I still don't know quite how. But the girls were awesome and even the fact that Nacho had to take the jumpseat and miss out on our antics in the back was okay. They were such good travelers and I was almost pinching myself. I really look forward to doing more of this as they get older and making travel a normal part of their lives. It's a real privilege and I hope it keeps our families close to us. Being part of dad's 65th birthday celebration was just one of the reasons we went. But also because as Elisa would say, "I miss dem very much." Love you guys. See you soon.

No comments: