Friday, April 6, 2012

Greening up

Today we took advantage of Nacho's day off and this great sunny weather to visit Central Park. Being that it's Good Friday, we weren't the only ones with the same idea. But even with a crowd, we managed to find our way down some familiar paths and stop a few times to enjoy the day. Elisa asked for a balloon on her way out of the playground and despite Nacho's heavy sigh, I said yes. How can you resist such a simple request? And for $2 it was worth every bit of satisfaction it gave her. She thanked us both all the way home. Yes, today Elisa was on her best behavior for a change. There was no crying or screaming or demanding. She was silly and sweet and only whined a few times that she wanted her stroller back when I gave Carolina a chance to ride in the Maclaren. It was a lovely day all around. With cool winds and plenty of sunshine, it felt like the perfect start to a long weekend and I couldn't help but snap some pics of the gorgeous flowers and buds everywhere. Just being able to take a walk through the park in the middle of a spring day makes me realize how lucky I am to live here and to have this time with my family.








Now to settle a bet...is the pink balloon animal a cat or a rabbit? Leave your answer in the comments, please.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow... I don't know. I think I'm gonna go with rabbit.

Kate said...

joe and I vote rabbit b/c it appears to have little buck teeth?

Ann Price said...

Yes, my vote was for rabbit as well. But Nacho swears it's a cat. Upon closer inspection though, the "teeth" are really more like a tongue. So it's unclear. I'm not surrendering though.