Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Isn't she sweet?


It just dawned on me the other day that Elisa will probably want to read all about herself someday on this blog. As much as she already loves looking at photos and naming people in them, I hope she'll also inherit my love of writing and journaling. It's something I started in 3rd grade and have a box of some 20 journals to show for it. Now it extends to the internet and to my life as a mother, but it's journaling all the same. The paper has just been replaced. I wonder if she will look at these pictures and make up her own story of what life was like as a baby, now toddler. Will she read my words and understand how much I loved marking her progress? I think about the traditional sense of a baby book and the important milestones we are supposed to record (height, weight, first tooth, first word) and I think I haven't been very good about revisiting it and making sure it's all in there. But then again, I have written about her life (or my view of it) nearly every week since before she was even born. Not many kids have that and I'm excited for her to discover her childhood all over again through my eyes. And knowing her, she'll help pick up where I leave off.

No comments: