Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rain, rain go away

I was glad to be out of the city yesterday when I heard about the 90+ degree temps and knew our A/C units were still sitting in the closets. At least here in NC, we're enjoying some cooler weather. And rain. Did I mention the rain? I have to say it didn't really ruin the day since we were inside while princess napped for 3 hours anyway. But the way it comes pouring down and goes softly away, then comes again, well, it can be exhausting to watch the rinse and repeat all day long. Just when you think it's gone, there it is again. So we played in the yard for a few minutes before the misty rain returned and Elisa loved sloshing through the grass. This city girl definitely loves her outdoors. And I have to admit, it was nice to be able to let her out in the yard without packing up snacks, drinks and the stroller with everything we might need for a run to the park. Opening the back door was so much easier.

No comments: