Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day




I'm spending the day alone with my girl today and trying to enjoy every minute of it. Even the waking at 6:15 a.m. Not easy, but then again she was so excited to chat while laying in bed with me. How could I resent that? I love Elisa's enthusiasm for everything the minute she wakes up. She wants to push the baby in the stroller, and jump on the bed and blow bubbles, and...the list goes on and on. But most of all, she wants someone to talk to. She gestures and points and makes up a string of babble that you know must have some meaning somehow. And I love that the more I get to know her, the more I want to spend time with her and try to unlock those nonsensical sentences and eruption of giggles after a really animated gesture. We miss having Papa home today, but I think we'll do something fun, just us girls. Brunch in the neighborhood, and then maybe hit the park. Lowkey but that's how I like it. If she's good, I might even let her buy me flowers.

No comments: