Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mama's little helper

Today as I unloaded the dishwasher, Elisa wandered into the kitchen to see what I was doing. I knew she was headed straight to the open door full of clean dishes. Fearing a greasy smear of handprints on everything--or worse, a broken plate on her foot--I quickly handed her a clean cutting board from the drying rack. This was plastic, lightweight and who cares about sticky hands? Without stopping for a minute, Elisa turns to the bottom cabinet, opens the door and puts the cutting board away. Right. Where. It. Goes. This girl is a genius. I'm thinking with a step stool and a little more muscle tone, she can do the whole dishwasher. THIS is why people have kids.

1 comment:

Tia Stacey said...

Yep...just wait...you are going to love it when she gets a little older and a little taller!!