Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Wind Down

I suppose there is something to be said for having a bedtime routine. However, I haven't exactly figured out what. Pretty much the hours between Elisa's second nap and bedtime are a hodge podge of snacking, dancing, playing (loosely defined), bathing, a little Yo Gabba Gabba and then the last 30 minutes of whatever it takes. Usually this means a bit of bouncing around on our bed followed by much squawking when the pajamas appear. Elisa would prefer to wear her diaper around all day, but we do make her wear clothes for the most part. I should add that with our lovely apartment comes all the free hot air you can take, which means that the average temperature in our place probably hovers around 76F. It's nice and toasty. So I think it's a treat to give her a little running around time towards bedtime without clothes. Tonight this involved piling every stuffed animal she has in her crib and jumping around with them. I have to say, it was very entertaining. Especially when Nacho started to mock her climbing out, all karate-kid style. The fun never ends...



3 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh! I can't wait to play with you, Elisa!!

micki said...

our place is consistently about 10 degrees colder than your toasty abode. The stuffed animals serve two purposes over here- cuddling and warmth...All I can say is I can't wait til spring! than Hiro won't have to wear three layers of clothing to go to sleep!

Ann Price said...

I can't wait for you to arrive, Maggie! Looking forward to April. And yes, Micki, we will have warmer weather soon...I hope!