Sunday, January 4, 2009

The real deal

So now that we've gotten closer to the 5 month mark, it felt like time to test the waters of solid food. The fact that Grandma was in town just helped this along. Elisa has been a great eater so far taking breast milk and formula without any mechanical issues (i.e. sucking or choking problems). She seems to eat with great gusto and doesn't mind the nasty smell (and taste, I'm sure) of her Nutramigen formula. So tonight we tried a little rice cereal mixed with formula to whet her appetite. She definitely liked it and even finished the tablespoon I prepared without spewing it all over me. I'm sure she'll like even better tasting foods as we venture into "food land" and try the good stuff. But for now just getting her used to a spoon and the texture of solids is a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have I ever told you what a great laugh you have??? I could pick it out of a crowd! : ) What a great video...I loved how half way through she was following the spoon like..."hey, grandma, where you going with that...that stuff is GOOD!" She is a natural!

Ann Price said...

Aw, thanks! Well, Elisa gives me lots to laugh about. Yours is pretty good too, if I remember right...more of a giggle. Yeah, and having Grandma around now to witness all this firsthand is pretty cool.

Tia Stacey said...

That is WAY better than a dog eating peanut butter! Her tongue doesn't stop moving the whole time. Hilarious! I think mom has it right with the "born eater" comment!! Jordan and Mia both grimaced like I had put dog poo in their mouths the first time they tried solids!