Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!


We're glad to be spending this last night of 2008 home in New York City together as a family. Nacho was back from a 4 day trip late last night and greeted with lots of smiles from both of his girls. We woke this morning to a snowy, cold day in the city--a sure reminder that winter is upon us and there is lots more to come. But with two sets of visitors coming in the month of January (grandma followed by abuela and Kiki) we're sure to pass this time indoors with lots of good company. My goal for the new year is really quite simple and that is to continue to learn and grow as a mom and a wife and a person who has so many reasons to be thankful and connected to the world. It seems easy enough to say that, but being thankful is not a passive state. It takes a certain amount of energy and time to reflect and let that soak in which is not always readily available. But I'm getting better at it and Elisa helps me immensely. As I've heard before, kids can really help you live in the present because that's all that matters to them. So, to all of you, I wish you the same--a very happy and thankful new year with lots of good company and time to enjoy them.

1 comment:

Tia Stacey said...

I MUST have a copy of this picture. It needs to be framed and in my house!!!!