Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowdate?

With Elisa finally on the mend the past 48 hours, I thought it was about time to get out of the house and enjoy the balmy 40 degree weather today. Fortunately for us, my friend Carmen had a similar thought and invited us over to her backyard in Sunnyside Gardens for a snowy playdate. Full disclosure here: Carmen is Canadian, so you know when she mentions building a snow fort that it will get done. Here are her son Leonardo and neighborhood pal Myla *hope I spelled that right!* building away...
Seriously, how cute is she??
And Leonardo looking full of wonder at the snowy landscape...

And where, you ask, was Elisa during all this snowy fun? Well, she endured about two minutes of standing awkwardly on a mound of snow before she begged me to take her back inside. And after she brushed her hand accidentally against the snow, the howling really began. Wuss. I mean, I wasn't raised on a farm, but I remember plenty of snow-filled days in the Midwestern suburbs trudging through our back yard for hours on end. And okay, maybe I was a bit older, but c'mon, how fun is the snow? What's not to love? I'm holding out hope that she'll get into it more next winter. At least, I'm not stopping until she does. And since she just got over a cold and a bit of a rough start to the week, I obliged her request to go back inside. There were chocolate chip cookies to be eaten anyway, so who can blame her for hanging out eating while the other kids played. Yep, that's my girl...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

It's like Mia at the beach the first time....cried and whined the whole time. Thankfully, now we can't get her to leave it! I am sure Elisa will be loving the snow next year.