Friday, December 17, 2010

Knowing just what to say

Ah, this girl. Sometimes she is swoon worthy. It can be a certain look she throws my way (see above) or just a laugh that tells me she loves her mama. But yesterday she one-upped herself and actually complimented me. Out of nowhere. I was walking back in the living room after cleaning up the kitchen and Elisa turns to me with all her focus and says, "Mama, I like your dress." Forget that I was in my pjs. This was quickly followed by, "I like your hair. Mmmmm...I like your manos." It was a bizarre yet truly sweet jumble of words. And perhaps most touching of all was the way she serenely gazed up at me the whole time. She was searching me with her eyes as if to indicate that she was really looking at me and seeing things she liked. Kind of like being on a date and hearing wonderful things from someone special. Only better.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

....and so it begins. At least she didn't then ask for a piece of chocolate or gum directly after. Now you know how mom felt, huh? This is that sweetness that I keep seeing in her that will eventually take over the tantrums and the whining. She is a smart, funny, caring little soul...and it is so heartwarming to watch it develop into a little person.

Maggie said...

okay... my heart just melted into a pool on the floor. Will go clean it up now.