Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Fair Redux

Memorial Day weekend arrived with a wave of hot, muggy weather and I started to have deja vu for the past year when we did exactly the same thing.  Friday night barbecue, Saturday at the fair, Monday walking around Manhattan. I suppose if it works, don't change it. But man, I would definitely change the weather if I could. Oh well, I suppose the heat and humidity let you know that spring is officially over. Welcome to summer 2012! And this year the fair was well organized and had something for everyone (I hope the rock wall comes back when Elisa is big enough to have a go!).  Elisa took her time and enjoyed a few runs at the bouncy castles, ate a bite of lunch and then sat through the entire clown show. It was a definite improvement on last year when she couldn't be entertained and we left after a brief look around. Seeing lots of familiar faces was nice too and we left just as the skies started to cloud up which meant we were home napping when the rain struck. 
I'm sure there is a way to enjoy Memorial Day weekend from the comfort of an air conditioned home, but then what fun would that be? We were out there sweating and walking and having a great time with friends. That's good enough for me.  

No comments: