Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good news

First, I have to say that the best news of the week is that Kyle, the injured toddler I wrote about, has opened his eyes. And on his brother Teo's 4th birthday. Pretty cool, right? There is still a long way to go, but these are promising signs that he is still with us and fighting his way back. Keep up the thoughts and prayers if you can. You can now visit a site devoted to updating his progress at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kylefairbanks

And secondly, I'm in complete denial that we are going to Disneyland in less than 3 weeks.  But I am starting to get excited. The first (and last) time I was there, I was 9 years old. Think things have changed much?  I have no idea.  I've done zero research on this and am beginning to wonder if it's going to be absolutely hectic and over-the-top.  Did I mention my entire family is going?  We are flying out to California in early June to see my nephew graduate from high school and after that, we'll all head to Disney to celebrate. Don't even get me started on the fact that he's turned 18 and is heading off to college in the fall.  I can still remember his tiny little arms and legs the first time I held him during my freshman year of college. Yes, this just confirms that I'm getting old! But I'm so proud of him and am looking forward to being there to celebrate this milestone in his young life.  It turns out it's also going to be the last hurrah for my sister's family's California adventure as they have plans to head back East to North Carolina in the next few months. And we'll barely be home at the end of June before summer will be in full swing and then we'll be off to Spain mid-August to see the other side of our family.  What is it about summer that always packs so much energy and excitement into such a short few months?  A crazy time for all of us, but with Mickey Mouse staring at you, how could you worry about any of that grown up stuff?  Time to indulge my inner child, I think, and take Elisa on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

It's going to be awesome because it HAS to be awesome. We are slightly insane for going to Disney in mid-June but, hey...you only live once. :) Can't wait!!!