Friday, May 11, 2012

Sunny days are here again...

Feels like summer came in March and then April was the return to a cool spring. So now in May, we're finally warming back up and enjoying some lunches at the park again.  Today Elisa was in fighting form and wanted to ride around and around on her favorite bike which was fine except that she nearly broke my toe rushing up and braking on top of my foot--twice.  I'll chalk it up to inexperience, but really, the kid is pretty good on the pedals so who knows. But man, does she ever look grown up.
Our friends Kip and his brother Ren were also looking for something fun to do today, so we decided baby races pitting Ren against Carolina were in order. The side by side baby walkers didn't make for good racing cars though, since mostly the babes just wanted to scoot and back up in them. Oh well. It was nice to at least be out in the sun and enjoy some conversation and picnic like in weeks past. In a way, I'm looking forward to Elisa being out of school this summer and us just hanging out all day at the park, splashing and eating outside. Last year I was pregnant and often hoofing it back and forth all day long, but this year I think I'll conserve my energy and make Carolina learn to take her afternoon nap in the stroller. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. But for today, we came back home around 2 p.m. and now both girls are blissfully sleeping and I'm staring at pics of that blue sky and brilliant fluffy clouds. Ahhhh...this kind of day can stay forever. 

No comments: