Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh happy day!

Happy Mother's Day from me and the girls. We had a great day tromping around the city after a morning of donuts and flowers. This being my first real Mother's Day with Nacho home from work, I planned to make the most of it. And it was a huge success. We grabbed a picnic lunch up on the High Line, followed by some play time over at Pier 51 on the Hudson River.  Then once both girls passed out, we leisurely walked to Washington Square Park and listened to music fill the air.  They woke up and played some more and then it was time to head home. But only after we grabbed a few more snacks. What a day. I could do this all over again tomorrow. But then it wouldn't be as special. I'm such a lucky momma and I know it. So today I'll give thanks for having these wonderful girls in my life. They have made me the mother I am which isn't perfect, but it's good enough. And the best part of all? It doesn't end.  We just keep getting to know each other and every year gets better. How about that? Today Elisa got me a balloon (which she suspiciously clung to all morning) and told me about 5 times "Happy Mother's Day!"  It really made me smile because she was so sincere. Seeing her light up giving it to me was such recognition for all the times I try to do right by her.  And by the end of the day, she asked, "mom, is it still Mother's Day?" I don't know if she was tired of being nice or what (just kidding), but I think she was kind of happy to hear that yes, it was still today. Another smile. Another moment I'll never forget. 

No comments: