Monday, March 19, 2012

Feeling the warmth

So the house of plague and pestilence is finally lifting after a week of strep throat and other cold and allergy ailments. I think yesterday was the low point with Nacho working the whole day leaving me to do it all, and my voice almost completely shot. But we did nothing, and went nowhere. I made popsicles, we painted and sat through too much TV. It was depressing as all get out to watch the bright day from indoors, but Elisa was still on the mend after a brief park outing on Saturday and I was too sick for much of anything. The only one who has been chipper the whole time (though she does still have a cough) is Carolina. Go figure. So today had to be different. With temps approaching 70 degrees, I bought pizza and made a beeline for our park around noon. And I wasn't disappointed.

Thankfully, it's these kind of impromptu lunches and hanging out with friends that makes passing the days so much more enjoyable. Once the weather turns nice and stays nice, we practically live at our local park. And since Carolina has been napping better in the mornings, it's easy to take her there post-nap and feed her while Elisa runs wild. After a couple of hours, we pack it in and head home for more naps. Not a bad schedule really, and one that affords me some of my own down time to recuperate. Yesterday I had to choose between napping and watching a marathon of Downton Abbey, and the latter won. Which is exactly what I'm going to do again right NOW...ah, the sweetness of doing nothing.

No comments: