Friday, March 2, 2012

Seven!


Seven months have somehow passed me by without warning. And all this time, Carolina has been sneakily growing up. She has been sleeping solidly through the night for a couple of months now with only a few hiccups due to her ongoing colds. Bedtime doesn't invoke the anxious will-she-or-won't-she settle down peacefully game. She always does. Our routines have taken hold and she is an exceptionally easy baby to put to bed. A little milk while lying next to me on the bed, before I scoop her up. A quick turn around the room with paci firmly in place, and then down in the crib while her eyes still search the room. She has her moments of resistance, but for the most part, she is getting the hang of this routine stuff. I'm definitely a believer that babies crave routine and now at seven months I see how this is paying off. Not that I'm getting much sleep throughout all of this, mind you. We'll just say our schedules don't really correspond yet. No matter how early I go to bed, Carolina is still starting to squeak before the sun is fully up. But I forgive her because she is my sunshine girl. That smile so radiant and disarming I can hardly fault her for wanting to wake up early to see us and start the day. We are so very lucky to have her in our lives, and I feel that every day. She came into this world in one fell swoop and she's been happily going along with our craziness ever since. So thank you, Carolina. We can't wait to see what the next five months will be like.

No comments: