Sunday, March 25, 2012

Giving it another try

Have I mentioned how much I love mobile blogging? Right now we're checked in and waiting to board our flight to North Carolina. This is our second try since Thursday night was a no-go because of an earlier cancellation. It's never fun getting bumped, but it was the first time I'd done it with Elisa since she was old enough to know what that meant. No, we aren't going to Grandma and Grandpa's afterall. Oh, the calamity. But we bought some m&ms on the way out and that pacified her enough until we got home. So today we are back at it, and this time we have boarding passes already. Much better. So here's to another adventure with my girls--hopefully the first of many. And let's try to leave the ground this time!






EDITED TO ADD: Well, I spoke too soon. Our boarding passes proved pointless once the flight cancelled. Seems the captain called out and we were waiting for a replacement that never came. So much for sick days in the airlines. That rolled everyone to the next flight and coming back 7 hours later (with still no guarantee of getting on) just didn't sound like fun. So we're back home again and I'm wondering why this week has been so difficult to travel. Is somebody trying to tell me to stay put?

1 comment:

jessie said...

omg! are you serious?! i see you made it though. have a great time!