Sunday, June 28, 2015

One Year Ago

One of my favorite features of Facebook recently is the memories notification where it tells you what happened on this day one year or two years or three years ago. It's been fun to relive some special days through the photos I've posted or just remembering the way the girls were a couple of years back. So I was happy to see the post this weekend of our trip to Spain last summer in preparation for Amaia's wedding. It was really very lucky that everything worked out for all of us to be there considering Nacho was in the middle of trying to switch jobs and we had to take Elisa out of school her last week. But we made it. And the wedding day itself was a marathon of fun starting at Kiki's apartment as we all got ready, through the ceremony at the Plaza Mayor in central Madrid and the lush and beautiful reception at an old estate in the suburbs. I suppose I was just too busy last summer to make sense of posting some photos here. So I'm going to make this a memory post and share a few of the highlights from that day one year ago...
Happy anniversary to Amaia and Jesus! And good news that they are expecting a new arrival in September. So maybe we can make a trip over before the year is out to meet the latest member of the family. I sure hope so. 

No comments: