Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Last Days


This week marked our last week of school: Elisa was out today with a half day and Carolina finishes Friday with a party in the afternoon to collect her yearbook and special award. Yes, it seems every group or school has a celebration lately to mark the passage of another year. And so we are ping ponging around--first to the ice cream party in Elisa's classroom the day before the last day. And then to the Out of School BBQ at Sunnyside Gardens Park on Friday night. It's a busy time! But mostly I'm just glad that they are in good spirits and finishing the year on a high note. Carolina is finally getting excited about being an Eagle next year after her initial trepidation. And I think the extra support Elisa's been getting at school with her reading is helping a lot. Her end of year progress report this year was much much better than the shock of finding out too late last year that she wasn't really reaching her potential. So here we are. Another year down. I can barely believe that she'll be entering 2nd grade in the fall. And I'll have another girl entering UPK from 8:15am to 2:30pm every. single. day. WHAT? Hallelujah. I'm so excited about that for both Carolina and myself. I know she is going to love it and I am too. So there's a sense of excitement and anticipation about returning in the fall already. But first to enjoy a bit of summer. Oh yes, I'm really ready for that too. 

No comments: