Thursday, April 1, 2010

A better day

Although it started with a screaming fit at 4:45 a.m. this morning, today actually turned out to be a much better day for Elisa and I. No doubt she was starving this morning when she probably normally would have rolled over and gone back to bed. So I offered her a bottle in bed--something I never do--and I jumped back into mine. Luckily, she took it and after only a bit of crying about 20 minutes later, she passed out and slept until almost 8 a.m. A minor victory on the sleeping in front, but I'll take it. Later, we had a good amount of snacking mid-morning, followed by a two hour nap and then a fairly decent lunch. Can you say 180 degrees? Whatever. Nothing about life with a toddler is consistent so why don't I remember that in the heat of frustration? Anyway, today was better and that's what made giving Elisa her new stuffed toy from Aunt Stacey so much fun. Can you tell she's in love?


1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the loving look she is giving Brobee in the first photo. I can't wait until she has Toodee too! You'll have to take a group photo! Glad it was a hit!! Love you guys!