Monday, October 1, 2012

Our week end summary

Well, today we leave North Carolina after a great week on the ocean. Being able to walk out our back door and onto the beach is something I never take for granted. It's amazing. As much as I love the city life we have, there is nothing like spending a week without shoes on to make you appreciate a simpler life. And unlike at home, I don't mind the sand everywhere...it's just part of being at the beach and it all gets swept up eventually. Of course it also helps that it's not our house. Yes, this was a pretty relaxing week after I just gave in to it...







And now today it's October 1st and I'm ready to head home. Ready to say goodbye to summer and to beaches for the year. We had a great run of it both here and in Spain, but I think I'm officially over all the heat and sunshine.  It's time for fall and all the hectic energy of the holidays. This is my favorite time of year and I think there's something beautiful about the change of this particular season that makes me relive my own childhood.  I always loved the chill in the air in the mornings and evenings, breaking out the jeans and sweaters, and of course Halloween. It seems like October might just be my favorite month. 

No comments: