Friday, September 28, 2012

Better times

Sometimes I just need to vent. Apparently that was what I needed to do the other day as I posted the first of our beach pics. After I wrote, I tried to summon more patience and more humor to deal with Elisa. It helped that she took an awesome nap and when she woke up, I took her down to the beach. Just the two of us playing and dancing around. And then Nacho and Carolina joined us, and Grandpa and Leroy were fishing all the while. We laughed and got our toes wet and then things got exciting...
Within the space of half an hour we had our first photographed shark sighting and Leroy hooked a stingray and landed him on the beach. It was like National Geographic meets our family vacation. It more than made up for the rocky start to the week and it made me realize that like all things, sometimes vacations need time to improve. And we have plenty of time this trip, so I just needed to take a breath and wait. The cycle with Elisa isn't over--not by a long shot--but a good afternoon, followed by a decent night's sleep has made a world of difference. Nacho had to fly back today to work over the weekend, but Stace and the kids are coming out to stay with us for a few days. And somehow I have a feeling that we are going to make the most of our days and nights along the shore. The tides are a reminder of the daily highs and lows we all go through, and I'm trying my best to appreciate them both.

No comments: