Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sing-a-long

In the past several weeks, we've been taking advantage of a playgroup on Monday mornings that's offered at a local church. It's a kind of pay-as-you-go, free form playtime that works well for us since we often don't know from one week to another what we'll be doing. I remember taking Elisa there for the first time last winter as she was just getting better at walking. It was kind of a nightmare for unstable kids with all the older ones buzzing about in plastic cars, and the noise level was just too much for me to bear after an hour. Fast forward a year, and I have no such complaints. Elisa is now the one buzzing around pushing a doll in a shopping cart and the squeals are often hers. Funny how perspective is everything. But what I like most about watching Elisa play there is the chance to see how she does with other kids during snack time and the end of session sing-a-long. I love seeing all the little faces lined up at the tables, munching quietly and asking for more juice. And just in the past few sessions, she has gotten much more interested in the ABCs and songs sung at the end. So we've been singing them a lot now at home, and let me tell you that I had no idea how much fun a girl could have with Wheels on the Bus, or the Itsy Bitsy Spider. When I put her down for a nap or at bedtime, Elisa begs for these songs, complete with hand motions. I can hardly resist. And so yesterday as she started singing Itsy Bitsy Spider on her own, I had to snap a few pics. She's a quite the songstress.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Love these types of groups, wish we had more of them here. And love that outfit, my, my where DID you get that :-)