Monday, November 22, 2010

Memory Mondays

Now that the month is almost over, I'm hitting my stride with the Memory Mondays. Will this continue in December? Does any besides me care? I do admit to loving photos and taking way too many. That's a given. So when I look back at old photos of Elisa, it's so hard to choose just one. She has changed and morphed from that little black haired baby to a sunshine-y little toddler with way too much spunk for me most days. But as I'm winding up this trip to California, I'm seeing her do so many new things every day and it's all part of who she is now. Like seeing her thumping away with real drum sticks on her cousin Mia's drum kit, pretending to be Marina from the Fresh Beats. Yes, we've been sucked into that show too. Elisa was singing along to herself and having the best time and I could just sit back and watch. Who knew that her music class last year might lead to this? When I took this photo at Music for Aardvarks in Sunnyside, I was just glad Elisa wasn't chewing on the sticks. I decided to take that class last winter after getting laid off unexpectedly and wondering what in the world I might do with my time. And it was a great exploration of music for a then 17 month old. I could tell that she was getting more into it with each passing week. And now that we're in yet another music class (Kids Music Together) this fall, I really see how much more she participates and even sings the songs at home. That little brain has been soaking it all up and I love how and when she chooses to reveal that to me. So I forgive the drumming and tapping everything in the house. I think she might even get her own sticks this Christmas.

No comments: