Thursday, September 23, 2010

Personality Plus

Sometimes more than being a member of a neighborhood moms group, I feel I am a member of a big family. Within the Sunnymoms, I am a part of a playgroup that has a good two dozen members, all with kids born in the summer and fall of 2008. It's a wonderful bunch of women and they have been my support through so much of this motherhood stuff. I still remember my first meetup with them when the kids were all about 4-5 months old and how we all sat on the floor and on couches and chairs holding and cajoling the babies on our laps. And in some way, those little faces are still frozen in my mind which is why it's incredible to look around and recognize the little boys and girls they've become.
The cooing and crying have been (mostly) replaced with giggles and shrieks. And oh, the shrieks! Elisa was running and chasing Juliet today, up the steps and down the slide and around again. Then there was a pile up with Maya at the bottom of the slide. And a big hug from Bix. Ah, such fun. The sandbox is now home to all sorts of adventures and their imaginations are keen to invent stories and games for the sharing. A game of catch turns into a silly roll in the sand where gibberish is the only language spoken. It's truly heartwarming to watch. These little personalities are bursting out and I'm so thrilled to be with friends to watch.

No comments: