Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching up

Between Elisa's tummy troubles this weekend, my struggle to get anything productive done and the departure of our Spanish guests, this has been a very blah time. I'm hoping that after a good 48 hours of rest and relaxation, we'll be back on track. Already after a good nap this afternoon (mine!), I feel better. Groggy, but better. Elisa too has been sleeping better and getting back to some of her normal routines. She's waking up usually around 6am and then staying down until 7ish with a bit of milk. Bedtime has also gotten back to a more consistent 8-8:30pm. And the baths are getting easier, thank God! I guess it's only been two weeks since we got back from Spain, made our dash to NC and back, so I shouldn't really discount how tired that made us all. When you are in the middle of all that activity, it's easier to stay in a trance and just go, go, go. We managed to trek all over Manhattan with Abuela and Diego, and get some last minute shopping done despite Elisa's sickness and my general malaise. The one wrong turn was mistakenly hitting SoHo last Friday during Fashion's Night Out--silly me, I thought it would be less crowded on a Friday evening. Oh, well. But thank goodness for cooler weather and the possibility of doing nothing tomorrow. Aw, sweet nothing. Now who's ready for bed?

No comments: