Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Breaking out the camera

Truthfully, I've been a bit lazy with the camera lately. Since the demands of my daily photo blog ended, I think I've been rebelling a bit and have kept the camera tucked away. Trips to the park or the city have been lighter without it and there's always my new smart phone camera if I really want to document the moment. I even find I want to blog here less because I just don't have any good photos to share. Photos are everything to me. They remind me of where I've been and they make the present seem so much richer and more colorful. So this morning as we were horsing around in Elisa's room, I thought why not break it out again. There is something so fun and spontaneous about sitting down with Elisa and the camera and wondering what I'll get.

The thousand yard stare that goes right through you.
The smile that shows you how much she loves to laugh.
The crazy face that means she's enjoying her turn in front of the camera.
Showing off her friends and talking to them as if they are really listening (usually an "Awwww...come 'ere.")
The deeply reflective moment that says she's got so much going on in that head of hers.
See what I would have missed today without this camera?

1 comment:

Christi said...

I want to do a photoblog with you!!
Elisa's hair and eyes is the perfect combo. What a dolbaby!