Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mas y Mas







Elisa is definitely half Spanish. In just over a week, she has already learned the very basis of Spanish living, namely how to eat jamon, boquerrones, and mucha fruta without missing a siesta or getting up before 9am. It´s not bad for a kid who sometimes likes to rebel more than she likes to go with the flow. We have been enjoying our time with Nacho´s family and missing him in equal amounts. Elisa doesn´t take long to acclimate and she has got everyone´s name down pat and likes to do a roll call when we´re all seated at the table for lunch. As Tia Pauli says, Elisa loves to be the protagonista of whatever play we´re performing and she spends much of her time at the house roaming around chasing the cats and asking for mas, mas of whatever she´s been drinking or eating. Every day is a new list of words and she´s really impressing me with her ability to hold conversations in both languages. I just returned yesterday from a 4 day excursion with Jordan to the beach town of Nerja on the Costa del Sol and it was an amazing trip. I think Jordan loved the calm waters of the Mediterranean as much as I did the first time. And we were lucky to have a good stretch of days and lots of time to soak up the sun. Coming back to Madrid and seeing Elisa again yesterday was a sight for sore eyes. She was so sleepy waking up from siesta and finding me here that she just melted in my arms. I know she got along fine without me and was the belle of the ball, but still it was great being with my girl again. So now we are hanging out at the house, swimming and playing on the verranda and I´m getting excited about our trip to Barcelona next week and Nacho´s arrival on the 10th. So much going on and yet we´re spending every day falling into the rhythm of life here. Eat, swim, eat, sleep, swim, eat, sleep. Or something like that. Just how I like my summers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, am I missing hearing that little voice, and yours too I might add!! Then I see this little Spanish-American beauty and my awe meter is off the chart. Wish I was there. The figs look about ripe!! My hello to everyone. Looking good! Mom