Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Midway Point

This week feels like the midway point of the summer for us. So far we've been to North Carolina a few times to visit the beach and family, had lots of lazy afternoons in the park, and managed to take a few long walks in the city. Now, we're gearing up for the second half in Spain and trying to sneak in a few more playdates before we leave next Wednesday. Yesterday after the dark skies and rain storms, we hit the park and found a few friends had the same idea. For a while it was just the six of us. How nice. Alexandre brought along his new golf club set which was a big hit with these crazy girls.
Elisa actually played in her crib through most of her naptime yesterday, so I wasn't really sure how rested she was until we hit the park. Then nearly everything became an annoyance to her--the swingset was closed off, the muddy puddles were too appealing, and sharing wasn't high on her priorities. But we held on for a little while and when we made it home and finished the bath, she got a second wind of sorts. She ate, watched some Dora and then off to jump on my bed for a while before hitting hers. I love how she tells me "no, night night. sit. mom. night night" when she wants me to lay down next to her on our bed. She loves being buried beneath the pillows and having me tickle her incessantly. I found myself laughing and really enjoying that moment last night and it was a nice relief from the to-do list stress, delayed dental appointment and the craziness of life. Yes, a few more minutes to play were okay by me.

No comments: