Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wet and wild

THE POOL IS OPEN! I repeat: THE POOL IS OPEN! Yay for summer!  And yay for pools when it's this hot outside. Man, I was ready for the park's kiddie pool to open this year.  Of course there were some normal delays and new seating that had to go in, but it felt like months of hot weather have passed and we've been eyeing that empty tiled hole waiting for a sign that the pool would ever open again. And now, presto! It's ready.  Even with Carolina being too small to really get around well in it, we have managed two days in a row without any major problems. And since I was on my own today, I broke down and put my own suit on which made it even more manageable.  Ah yes, now I just need poolside cocktail service and I'd be in heaven...
And really, I have to give credit to this amazing baby once again.  Carolina has been a bit all over the place with her bedtime and morning waking times, but still, she manages to last quite a few hours awake and happy during the best part of the day.  She even made it back into the pool with me after lunch and she didn't fuss at all. I think this girl loves the water more than Elisa did at her age which means by the time she can really chase her sister around the pool, watch out! They are going to be mermaid twins.  And sometime in the near future we'll have to start swim lessons of some kind in earnest. But for now, just watching them play and splash and have a good time in the water is so enjoyable.  I have to admit I also like being in the pool when it's hot and that I'm glad my interest hasn't lessened over time.  I don't know how many more summers I'll be off work so I'm trying to enjoy every bit of this one. And so far, so good. 

No comments: