Sunday, July 29, 2012

Roomies

 
Last night was the first night these girls shared a room. And they both slept like logs. Thank you, Jesus.  Of course, Carolina woke Elisa up at 5:45 a.m. and no one wanted to go back to sleep. But I suppose that's a small hiccup we will try to overcome with time or finally adjust to. Today it was a little rough because Elisa was so wide eyed and happy to be waking up with her sister until I told her to lay back down. About 20 minutes later she just couldn't take it any more and came out.  Yeah, there are some kinks to work out, but we're on the way.  Hopefully, we can get their bedtimes more in sync, but last night we let Elisa creep in about 40 minutes after her sister fell asleep and all went well. Carolina didn't stir even though I had explained to Elisa not to talk when we went in and she still did.  Aaaaahhhhh, she just doesn't listen.  But luckily I didn't have to beat her.  So that's it. I have officially regained my bedroom and was positively giddy laying in bed last night with the lights on chatting with Nacho just before bed. Such a small thing and yet it's so important to be able to have those quick conversations or rattle off tomorrow's to-do list as you lay there shutting down your brain for the night. It's also a huge step toward recognizing that we are a family with two little girls, not one big girl and a baby. A year ago my mantra was every day was a day forward--a day closer to more independence for them and us. And it still rings true. Turning this corner is part of my checklist of things I've been waiting for since Carolina was born.  Now I can say "done"...and wait for her to walk!

No comments: