Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This separation stuff





Taking care of Elisa when we are far from home is something I´ve gotten pretty used to. It means figuring out her food, her sleeping arrangements, and trying to keep the rhythm of life somewhere near her normal zone so we can all get along better. Traveling outside the U.S. would be completely different for us if we weren´t visiting family, but since we are, most of the things I would have to worry about are completely taken care of. Crib for Elisa? Check. Food every day that she will like? Check. Activities for her and people to help us enjoy them? Check. So it´s with a lot of confidence that I decided to plan a couple of trips away from Elisa for just my nephew and I. Last week we went to Nerja on the southern coast for 4 days and tomorrow, we leave for Barcelona until the weekend. It´s great to be here with both Jordan and Elisa but their ages and interests are far from convergent. So thanks to a full team of family help, we are off again and I know Elisa will be excited to see us return on Saturday. But for now, she has lots more Spanish to learn and a couple of days to practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELISA!!!! WILL HAVE A GREAT BIG BIRTHDAY HUG WAITING FOR YOU IN NORTH CAROLINA!!
lOVE YOU MUCH!! GRANDMA

Maggie said...

Despite the fact that I haven't been commenting much, I'm seriously checking this blog every day because I love hearing about your trip. Hope it's going well and that Elisa is still coping well with the changes. Can't believe she's picking up thte language so quickly... I'm sooo jealous :-)