Tuesday, December 6, 2016

School Pic Success!


Most years I open school picture envelopes with a certain amount of dread. They haven't been the best in preschool and the legit ones offered at Academy of the City weren't much better. Last year they weren't even in focus! The photographer in me can't abide shitty pictures so I've turned it into a joke--sort of a let's-see-how-bad-this-can-look contest by letting Elisa choose her own wardrobe and backdrop. Last year it was an orange glowing sunset that made it all so much worse. But this year I thought okay, I should take charge. I picked out the back drops and I chose the outfits. There was a glimmer of hope when I saw them shuffle off that morning. They were feeling confident and I was psyched. Fast forward a month and now the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. They are beaming and I love the colors and the way it actually looks like a traditional school photo. Elisa looks every inch of her 8 years plus a little more. And Carolina has that sweet mix of little girl on the verge of growing up.  So yeah, these are keepers. I'm even thinking about framing them. 

No comments: