Thursday, April 23, 2015

Flat Stanley

Ever heard of Flat Stanley? It's a cute little story about a boy who wakes up flat and realizes that it's much easier to travel by mail and see lots of places that way.  An adventurer after my own heart, I suppose.  I'm pretty sure I saw something about him a few years back, and now with social media it's much easier to track where he's been.  So when my friend and fellow blogger Maggie asked if the girls might like to host one from her daughter Anna's school in Downers Grove, IL, I said yes.  He made his way to New York City last month to hang out with us for a bit and we had a good time coloring him in and planning places to take him. I managed to cut him out and attach him to some cardboard only after realizing that he look a lot less like a person surrounded by plain white paper. Good catch, Ann...
Spring Break came and went and Flat Stanley traveled with us to Raleigh, NC to visit the family.  We even took him to the beach in Emerald Isle one afternoon to relax in the sand and enjoy a little ice cream from Dairy Queen on the way home. Yes, Stanley was living large! But soon enough it was time to pack it in and head back to NYC. Stanley grabbed the window seat (of course) and made one last major outing to the Science Hall sleepover with the Girl Scouts. He was up way too late, but I'm not telling. So this week we wrote our letter, printed some photos and sent him back home again. I hope Anna and her classmates enjoy reading about his adventures.  We'll miss you, Stanley! 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

This is so awesome!!! Thank you again! I just saw the packet and letter!