Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween happenings

This past weekend we enjoyed the first of what will be several Halloween happenings this coming week: the Sunnyside Gardens Park Halloween party. It was a breezy, yet mild day for late October and the girls managed to get dressed up without too many problems.  Elisa was abnormally compliant donning her Monsters High Draculaura outfit, and willing to put up with my many wig adjustments.  But of course, there still had to be some drama since we're dealing with a crazy two year old at the moment.  Carolina opted not to wear the new Sulley costume from Monsters, Inc. that I bought her. She screamed and writhed around until I heard Elisa asking her if she wanted to be Minnie Mouse. A resounding yes, and 5 minutes later, we were out the door...
And though I know the park had difficulties getting enough volunteers for the event to man the tables for crafts and games, it was still a lot of fun just seeing the kids running wild with their costumes trailing in the breeze. Elisa met up with several different groups of friends, and Carolina wandered around the park, pumpkin pail in hand, on her own for a good bit.  I snapped lots of photos of all the wonderful outfits, and we tried to get out of the park before the parade so the girls could go down for a nap. I know sometimes the park events can feel a little overwhelming, but that event felt so much like a regular weekend day just with costumes and candy that I was really glad we went. Maybe next year I'll even dress up...

No comments: