Thursday, August 16, 2012

Estamos aqui

We made it to Spain earlier this week after what felt like a very short flight. Under 7 hours and I didn´t even care that Elisa wasn´t sleeping. I was more relaxed about everything, although seeing Carolina give in to sleep for a few hours made me happy. There´s nothing about flying overnight with kids that I enjoy, but this time it wasn´t terrible. I was just relieved to land and see some familiar faces at the airport, and so was Elisa. Hearing her run up to her Abuela shouting her name and smiling was all worth it. Carolina warmed up a little more after a few siestas and we are all adjusting to the time difference quite well. The girls are in bed between 10pm and 12am and up between 9am and 11am. It´s not too bad all things considered. And tomorrow is Elisa´s birthday which means we´ll have to have cake and champagne and toast to all that is wonderful about 4. So far on this trip, Elisa has really impressed her family here with her independence and her playful spirit. She has fallen right into the mix with her cousins and they are all practicing a mix of English and Spanish much to our delight. It´s just about perfect. As Elisa said today...Mom, I think we need a house like this with a pool. How about in Spain?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that this trip is going so well! Keep taking photos so I can live vicariously! We are all enjoying them!

Maggie said...

Glad to hear it went well. I'm having trouble envisioning getting through LaGuardia and to Spain with two little ones. You're a brave mama. Kisses to the girls. Thinking about coming first week in October (to NYC, that is).