Friday, August 3, 2012

Doctor news

Carolina measured 24 lbs. 5 oz. and a wooping 32 1/2 inches today at her 12 month check up. The nurse remeasured her 3 times to verify the growth since that means she grew 2 1/2 inches since May 8. Is that possible? Who knows. But it does feel like she's grown well into her 12 month clothes and beyond lately, so maybe there's something to it.  And she's still over the 99th percentile for height which means this girl's curve is reaching to the stars. Numbers and stats aside, we love seeing her growing and healthy. Even if the shots didn't go over so well. Poor thing was just sobbing. And lead levels were fine (under 3) and hemoglobin was good (11.3).  

And in other news...Elisa finally had her first visit to the dentist yesterday. The guilt was just killing me.  I swore to myself last summer that I would get on that before winter. And then winter turned to spring and...you know the rest.  Then I started to panic about taking her at 4 for the first appointment and made the decision that I had to take her before her birthday. So we did it. And she was great. We went to Dr. Heidi Nelson, the local dentist that everyone on Sunnymoms raves about and I now know why. She was very gentle and thorough and made it a fun visit for even a nap-deprived girl like Elisa. I think she got a little irritated at one point about Elisa's incessant chatting (about her toys), but we quickly got back on track. So that's done and my mental checklist is getting smaller. This summer is moving right along...

No comments: