Saturday, December 19, 2015

Ballet night

Tonight was the observation night for Carolina's ballet class. After one semester of sending her off every Friday afternoon, it was finally my chance to sit in on the action and see what she's been learning. And from what I could see tonight, she's been really enjoying herself and learning the fundamentals of ballet movement. I think the class skews a bit young, so it's easy to spot long, lean Carolina at the top of the height chart. Somehow she's grown up and thinned out so much in the past few months of preschool. I saw it so much clearer tonight while watching her lithe limbs swoop gracefully around. And yes, she also got a bit distracted at times. But she was definitely in her element. I think ballet suits her for now and the teachers each asked her to demonstrate the exercises for the smaller girls. So lovely to see and I really can't wait to be at the recital in the spring for the rest of the story...



No comments: