Monday, August 17, 2015

Birthday Bliss


I couldn't let the day end without saying happy birthday to my beautiful, big girl Elisa. She came into the world with all the fuss and drama you can imagine and it's been seven years of even more hijinks. She is a bright spark in the world. Today she woke up to our annual table of gifts and crepe paper streamers hanging in the doorway and she came running to my room to shake me out of bed. "Mom, Mom, Mom! Wake up! Wake up!" It was loud and boisterous and only 7:20 a.m. And that was that...she was off. She wanted to see if she got her robot dog. And after a few cheesy pics for me opening other gifts, she started to question if the dog was going to appear. It didn't. And then I motioned for Nacho to go get it out of our room. I knew if she saw a square box about that size, she would rip into it first and forget there were more things to open. So she had to wait until almost all hope was lost. Ha. Nothing like paying her back with a little drama of my own. And then that moment she had been waiting for. The dog appeared and she couldn't get enough. He is a sweet little thing and lots of fun to figure out. The rest of this scorching hot day was a bit anticlimactic. We invited Leonardo and German over to hang out for a donut brunch which turned into pizza-and-a-movie-lunch. Then we made our way over to Sunnyside Gardens Park for dinner on the grill and some brownie dessert. It was a very low-key end to a whirlwind birthday celebration. But I think that's okay. We all needed a little rest to recuperate and land on our feet. So welcome to your next year, Elisa. Seven is going to suit you just fine.

No comments: