Thursday, August 27, 2015

2nd Grade!

Today Elisa started back to school. Second grade already. Where did the time go? It's so cliche, but really parenthood becomes a bigger blur with each passing year. Friends who have recently had  babies are going through all those major milestones and I can barely remember what it took to get over the sleep training and feeding issues we had. The gulf between us and them is at its widest point right now, and I wouldn't want to go back or start again for anything. It's definitely been a journey with this big girl, and I'm looking forward to a new year of seeing her grow. We've had our ups and (lots) of downs this summer, but something also feels like she has made a bit of a leap. This year at school drop off there was a confidence. She directed me on how to grab her breakfast from the portable cart on the 1st floor as she bounded up the stairs to her new classroom. She's moved up a level in the building and maybe that was why it really felt like she was a pro. I met her new teacher Ms. Vaserman too, and I hope that she will be a guiding force for Elisa this year. So many thoughts as the school year kicks off, but mostly I hope Elisa finds her groove academically more so than she has before. I know she has it in her. Go get 'em, kiddo. 

No comments: