Thursday, November 3, 2011

So much personality

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Carolina is such a sweetheart. She really amazes me with her quiet, subdued personality. It's there, just below the surface ready to bubble up. And when she cracks a smile, it just melts me. Her eyes dance and I can't help but imagine what that will bring in another year. Ah...the time game. I want to see it in fast forward and then backtrack to now. I want to know what this little girl will be like when she is three, and then I want to sit back and enjoy the ride. Is that weird?
I suppose because I've survived the ride with Elisa, it's only natural my mind stops at three. I mean, what could possibly top this age? Elisa is so full of joy and natural amusement. I know she gives me a decent amount of grief too, but oh, man, she really has a zest for life. She can talk and sing and tell stories and paint and all of it is creative, imaginative play. Tonight on our way back from the CSA pickup she was singing "My mom is cool...my mom is cool." What? Where did that come from? Oh, she makes me smile. She is my social butterfly making new friends at school and at the park and always asking if the boy or girl can come to our house. She welcomes everyone. I love watching her dance in the supermarket when she thinks no one is looking and race down the sidewalk on her new scooter. I'm raising that kid--the city girl brimming with confidence. Who is she? I can't imagine her in another three years. She is such an awesome big sister and I can already tell Carolina is smitten too. It's going to be such a ride...

No comments: