Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pool perfect

It's hard to beat a refreshing dip in the pool on a hot summer day. Yesterday afternoon we joined Juliet and her mom Kristin for a little splash as the sun began to set. These girls have been in swim classes together for the past two months and I think it's beginning to pay off. After a few minutes acclimating to the water, Juliet was eager to practice her jumping skills. She lunged and leapt and made it look fun and easy. Elisa took the bait and before long, she was attempting her jumping in moves as well, each time squealing with delight.
We finally pulled them out of the water long enough to enjoy a post-swim snack in the last rays of the day. It was a great feeling to be sitting there with my girl, showing her what summer is all about. I remember so many days spent at the local pool in my neighborhood. There was always something so exhausting and yet exhilarating about living in the water like that. And the hunger you can work up splashing around is unlike any other. Snacks never tasted so good. I hope Elisa feels the same way, but I'm pretty sure from the way she ate all the way home that she does.

No comments: