Monday, November 9, 2015

November Weather

The Toys R Us holiday catalog arrived and it was FULL of good ideas--keep those Sharpies ready!
Elisa is studying Ancient Egypt (and now Greece) in her Art class. I love it. 
Carolina likes to hop on board the Mickey Express in the morning when we walk to school from Elisa's bus stop. How could I say no? 
We spent Election Day with Carolina wandering around Central Park in the abundant sunshine. What a glorious day off to picnic and enjoy the last hurrah of all. 
Then Nacho and I managed to spend a morning tromping through Williamsburg, searching junk stores (my idea of fun) and talking a long walk back from lunch at Mu Ramen (his idea of fun). 
A drive through Middle Village to location scout my next shoot turned into a bit of lunch at Policano's near JFK after Nacho's medical. All in a day's work and so tasty! 

Halloween was barely over and I still hadn't come to terms with the fact that November was starting. But that's the nice thing about time, it just keeps on coming even if you aren't ready. So we rolled our clocks back an hour to fully embrace the darkness of the encroaching winter and yet the temperatures have remained mild enough that my outdoor photo shoots are still all about frolicking in the leaves.  Never mind that I haven't managed to get my own children out for a nice photo amidst the scenery. I keep saying maybe next weekend and soon enough it will be too cold to bother. Must organize my own family shot soon! But last weekend was all about the business I do have, and it was fun and at times challenging. As I told Elisa the other day, it's kind of like I take work home considering I'm often asking small children to hold a pose or smile or whatever and they totally don't listen or want to do what I ask. Not much different with my own two! But still, I find that when my work does pick up as it seems to do this time of year, it's nice to have that extra bit of income to offset things. And it's even better when things are local and I can squeeze in time to hang out with family or see them do things like the Pumpkin Smash at Lou Lodati Playground. Carolina hurled our very decaying pumpkin off a ladder and in doing so managed to splash herself and Nacho will the juicy remnants of the old gourd. I got it all on video (will try to post) and it was hilarious. Then we scraped the bits off the tarp and into the composting bin. All of it will turn into compost for the NYC Parks which is such a good idea. Halloween might be over but it's fun lives on.



No comments: