Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Winter Concert 2014

The Winter Concert at AOC was last night and it was another beautiful moment for the school to come together and enjoy what these kids are learning. The set was amazing as always, and the kids did a great job of delivering their songs with gusto. Elisa seemed to enjoy her place in the back row (sorry, tall kid) and was animated and boisterous with her singing. Her friend Beckett was even more hilarious to watch wiggling and imitating the motions of our fab music teacher Mr. Alan. And I suppose it was a bonus that the whole thing started on time and finished way early since they cut all the grades down to two songs. My only disappointment was that the concert really didn't allow for the kids to shine. Each grade was on and off so fast I didn't really get to savor the performances. And they didn't do any solos or highlight any of the kids instrument playing which I suppose I understand but it definitely took away from the overall feeling of the night. The fact that Mr. Noel was not involved was probably part of it. He has such a great way of amping the kids up and getting great performances. So I suppose it was a decent concert considering all of the changes, but I couldn't help but leave with a sense that I was lucky to see the concerts from last year. So without further ado...enjoy the video of the first graders' second song. The first one I botched while recording.





No comments: