Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Outta here!

So our impromptu trip got a bit less so last weekend when I started to sweat every time I saw Nacho checking loads. His sister was arriving from Madrid on Sunday afternoon and leaving Monday for PR--with or without us. I wanted it to be with, and so I started checking on last minute flights for me and the girls. I figured Nacho would at least have more chances to non-rev down since he can fly other airlines and also request the jump seat. And sending him with Merche the day before wasn't a bad idea. He could get the lay of the land and be there when we needed him to pick us up. Tickets were secured for less than a fortune and we all breathed a sigh of relief. Well, I did anyway. Now to leave on Tuesday in a snow storm. Oh yeah, fun!
All smiles after our early morning dash to JFK in 2-4 inches of snow
Smiles turned to frowns after 2+ hours waiting to de-ice
And then we made it. Ah, yes, it was warm and balmy and downright tropical. How lovely. I think it was worth all the stress and craziness. I'm counting on it.

No comments: