Saturday, February 1, 2014

January wrap up

There have been a lot of tea parties lately. Anything to pass the time inside. 
And playing with Barbies in the bath tub. They both LOVE bath night now which is good because Carolina was hating it.
So many snowy days and freezing cold temps. I'm officially over winter. 
My morning playmate has been as easy as ever. Often, I find her playing alone in her room and am amazed that she's so happy to do her own thing. I love this kid. 
Waking up from nap time and going out in the cold to get her sister isn't the highlight of Carolina's day. But she's a good sport. 
Especially because her big sister makes the snow look so fun. I only had to pull her out of this huge pile twice. And she was wearing cotton sweat pants. Yeah, get home fast!
Elisa and Skylar have started passing notes between our apartments and creating lots of little impromptu playdates. Whatever works to keep us all occupied. 
My beautiful butterfly.
Anna fell out of the stroller on the way to the bus. It was another snowy morning and this frozen face made me laugh during an otherwise rushed sprint to the bus stop. Take time and enjoy it, Ann. 
This came home as Elisa's first major art project. I love it. It's a bowl with "fruits and vegetables" in it and they are already breaking.  Glad I took a pic because I'm not sure how much longer it will be around.
Off to the movies on Saturday morning and this was just screaming out for a photo op. Elisa is dying to see the new Lego Movie when it comes out this month. But today was all about the Frozen Sing-Along. I think she just wants to go to the movies every weekend. 
Photo op with friends and then off to lunch at Bareburger. Saturday was starting off so well!
Our post-nap playdate and dinner dance party at Poppy and Charlie's was a first and the girls had a great time.  
Who doesn't love a little technicolor freeze dance action? 

So yeah, take that, January. We're done with you and I'm looking forward to a milder month. Please. 

No comments: